THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, February 9, 2017

A Lovely Project Bag and I is for...... (40)

I've got another finish to share--yippee!!! This was my project this past weekend at the beach. It was another birthday gift (Merci Paola) and came all the way from Paris. My six year old granddaughter, for some reason, loves all things "Par-ee" and I may have to hide it from her. I used the called for DMC colors so I could keep with the shading. At first I didn't think I could handle the "blue" skin, but it started to grow on me. It was a pre-made bag with an opening in the bottom so you could stick your hand through and get to the stitching area. I tried to use the sewing method as much as possible to keep my hand on the top. Then it was just a matter of whip stitching the opening closed and placing the lining to the inside. I really love this color combination! The piece is called "Toile de Jouy" bleue by Les Brodeuses Parisiennes. I hope I'm right but my high school French is very sketchy!!!

A built in scissor holder
For my stroll today we have I is for.........
Wow--just realized how well this color coordinates with the bag!!!

On the home front, check out the new napkins (from Bounty) I found yesterday.
Yes, they have bees on them. I'm tempted to buy a couple more packs while they're in stock....too cute!

Hope if you're in the path of these snow storms that you're safe and home stitching.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!
Stasi

2 comments:

  1. Congratulation on getting bag finished! It turned out great. Which blues did you use? Not a fan of bugs, but your I pillow is cute. We have quite the wind out there and had a few random snowflakes. Yesterday, it was 70 and today, it just hit 38. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Your project bag is truly lovely Stasi. I am kind of with Robin. I do NOT do bugs!! Cute stitching though my friend.;)
    We have a high of 17ยบ today. yuck.

    ReplyDelete