THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Buzzing by................

with a bee-utiful hive. When I first saw this, I lusted after it, but it was a club piece, Queen Bee Needle Poke from Notforgotten Farm, and I was a little too late to the party. Luckily, I found it recently on the second hand market and was able to acquire it. Before I started, I had seen a post on FB where someone ( I'm pretty sure it was  Patti from the blog Winding Vine Wanderings) had tweaked the original design a bit. I was having an "issue" with the orange bee so I also changed mine to a very dark brown (DMC 3371--my go to substitute for black) and added an entry to the hive. I also changed one of the bands a bit to add back in some of the rusty color. I'll be attaching a bee button when I can unpack my stash and will have to wait to finish it then. All my plans to finish the Black Eyed Susan piece have gone up in smoke since I had PACKED the box!!! Oh well, the best laid plans!!! 

my version (following inspiration from FB)

original version
 Now it's back to my basket of goodies to pick out my next project!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish, Stasi! I like your changes and 3371 is a go to color for me as well. Looking forward to see what captures your attention next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl! You know I like me some bees and that one is awesome. I really like your changes a lot. Much classier than the original. Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your version of this bee skep... and isn't it always the way that whatever it is you want to work on is something you packed...sheesh... hope the time flies until you get moved into your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and am going to have to find also!!!

    ReplyDelete