THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, July 18, 2016

A Little Catching Up.........

Greetings one and all. I'm doing a little catching up today. I had completed two projects back in May/June, but since they were gifts, I couldn't share (until gifted) and then promptly forgot about it until today! 

First up is ( I can't remember the exact title and chart is packed) a tiny thimble purse from With Thy Needle and Thread. I wasn't sure how this was going to "finish" but it wasn't that difficult....and yes glue was called for. I love the tiny buttons along the bottom.


Next up is Shepherd's Purse by Shepherd's Bush. I had stitched this back in the 90's and did it again (recipient is a SB lover) with some updates. I used silks from my stash and happened to have the sweet ceramic button too. I lucked out and had enough original beads for all the beading required!!! Here are the two versions side by side...new on left, old on right.


Now a few of the newer version:
Front (closed)
Back

Front (opened)
 I wanted to share the improvement in joining techniques. The original called for just whipping the sides together, which is what I did as I didn't know any better at the time. Now, after my classes with Betsy Morgan, I used her joining technique and I think it looks so much more polished! We certainly continue to grow with our stitching!!!





I have completed the stitching for the Black Eyed Susan project. I may try to see if I can manage to "finish" it with supplies/equipment I have on hand. We will see! The flower I'm using for the box bottom was a freebie chart I found on line and I'm using the "wrought by" tag in the top of the box. I really wish these would photograph better as the colors are so much more vibrant in person.

Ort ontainer (top) and thread keep (bottom)

Needles and Pins pages (left) box top tag (right)

Box bottom
 

I forgot to share this photo last time, but this is hanging on our bedroom wall ..... a true telltale sign this cabin has a 70's vibe!!!


 Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

7 comments:

  1. What lovely gifts you created, Stasi! Good for you on getting the stitching finished for the Black Eyed Susan project. Thanks for sharing the wall hanging. Is it latch hooked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No truer words spoken....yes, we do improved our skills. Funny we thought we did good with out work years ago but new techniques really make a difference. And yes, SunBonnet Sune hooked rug. That really dates the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful gifts you made! Your friends are lucky girls. Love the joining technique you used. It's quite elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes.
    Love the SB purse.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, what a difference in the joining technique!
    ha! That hooked rug hanging is something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Stasi. I agree with you - we do continue to grow as we learn more and more. That's why I love taking classes! Learn something new every time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful finishes! I especially love the SB gift. That joining technique is so nice. I'll have to look that one up. I really like it. I got a kick out of the hooked rug. Yep, a blast from the past for sure. LOL!

    ReplyDelete