THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, July 22, 2016

A New Project.....

A new project beginning is an exciting time. It is always a thrill to put that first stitch into the virgin piece of linen. This time is a little different. The piece I'm starting is called Pioneer Girls Book Etui by Betsy Morgan and it requires a little fabric manipulation before the actual "stitching" begins. The outside book cover is based on a training cloth on which school girls of old would practice their needlework. Since they don't make this training cloth anymore, we have had to create our own by removing horizontal linen threads and reweaving with a blue thread. I've spent the last couple nights doing just that!!! It was a little tedious (there were 16 lines to be rewoven) but soothing in a way. I did find using a size 28 petite needle made the "over and under" a bit easier. And that being said, I am HAPPY to be done with it!!!

Overall view

Close up of small section
 Here is a photo of the whole project so you can see where I'm heading.


I am now anxious to begin adding some color and motifs! Please stop back and follow my progress.

Thanks for stopping by and your"twisted threads" of friendship! 

Stasi

4 comments:

  1. Interesting project, Stasi! I look forward to seeing your progress on this one. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a cute project.
    Can't wait to see more of it.
    Betsy has some awesome designs.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! You're making my fingers twitch to want to pull this out to start! Promised myself I'd finish some WIPs first. I'll be watching your progress. Did you mark off all the pieces and do the back stitching for each one first? That's what I'd thought I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is going to be really cute. Is it part of an upcoming class?

    ReplyDelete