THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, July 25, 2016

Baby, It's HOT, HOT, HOT

This heat wave has been quite beneficial to my stitching accomplishments. And that's about the only good thing I can say about it!!!! I don't tolerate these high temps very well....never have. I can remember, as a child, our welcoming front porch as a haven in the summer...perfect for reading, playing jacks and cutting out paper dolls. That was well before the days of A/C and I'm not sure how we ever survived the heat of those summers. Fans, popsicles, and cool washcloths on our heads at night! Now, I am extremely thankfuI for mechanical systems that can moderate our inside temps and keep me cool, calm and collected. So please mother nature, send some cooler temps our way!!!

Here is what I accomplished over the last few days, the book cover for the Prairie School Girl Etui...stitched as called for.

 
Now, it's back to stitching and binge watching Suits.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi 
 

5 comments:

  1. Way to go on your finish, Stasi! I don't think we are going to see a break this week in the heat or humidity if the forecasters are right. I am longing for fall and cooler temps. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's been so hot for you lately! Here in the inland PacNW, it's 99 today, but no humidity. I remember the summer heat as a child in the days before A/C and we spent a lot of time in the basement during the day, then slept outside at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The book cover looks great, nice colors.
    It's hot here too.
    Yup, we survived on Popsicles and Kool-Aid when we were little.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You got a lot stitched in a few days. Looking good. I may have to move this higher on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! Those needles must be smokin'. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete