THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Finally.............

We woke up to a dusting of snow...not what I'm wishing for but I'll take it! 


 Yesterday was spent measuring, pondering and starting the finishing on the Sailor's Valentine. I think I have it all figured out and attached the banding to the two outside pieces.



 My goal to have this finished by Valentine's Day may happen. However, I have an on line retreat this Friday evening and all day Saturday and my brother and SIL are coming for  couple days on Sunday. We are planning a train trip across the Canadian Rockies for the fall. My fall back is my time in OCMD for Super Bowl weekend! The next thing I have to do are 4 hedebos for the closing...I HATE hedebos so my motivation to get this done is weak, but I can't move on until they are done. Marilyn recognized the source for my lyrics on the banding yesterday. They are from a song by The Seekers I'll Never Find Another You, circa 1964!!!

I started my Winter Camp piece last night and it is going quickly. I love the colors and simplicity of the design.  I plan to do it's 'sister' chart Be Bright,  can't decide if I want to make two separate pillows or a reversible one.

 

I'm stitching this on a 28 ct mystery linen but changed up the fibers to use up some stash. 

The snow is picking up a bit as I write this, but sadly, not for long! 

A Little reminder...a few of you are showing up as Anonymous, so I don;t know who to thank/respond to. But know I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


 

7 comments:

  1. The snow was pretty, but I want more! Your progress on the bad words piece is awesome, Stasi. Who is your online retreat with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sailor's Valentine is going to be stunning when it's finished and I'm still in awe of how quickly you get things done. If I have a loop to do, I just make a tiny length of twisted cord, you hardly notice once it's fastened around a button or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you finally got some snow!
    Sailor's Valentine is going to be so pretty, can't wait to see it completed.
    Merry is simple, but very pretty.
    Be very cautious this weekend.
    The Northeast, including us, is supposed to be very wicked with very low temps & wind.
    It has been very cold her for the last week, but going to get even more cold.
    Stay safe!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Stasi: The Sailor design is beautiful; your finishing is always perfect.
    I like the new start, sweet design and beautiful fabric choice.
    WE have lots and lots of snow, but the weather is cold, right now at 6:15 am it is a very cold -12 degrees with a windchill of -25-35 degrees below zero today.
    I hope you have a ball at the zoom retreat.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stasi: I forgot to mention that if a person is commenting on the comment page there is a link to comment anonymously or in Google it is in the upper part of the comment page a person need to just click on the arrow and it will prompt you to which icon to use either anonymous or with Google name.
    I hope this helps some of your bloggers.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm envious of your trip through the Rockies. I did the Rocky Mountaineer from Vancouver to Jasper and then coach to Banff in 2002 and it's my favourite.
    holiday.
    Sailors Valentine is looking amazing and your camp piece is looking great too. Happy Stitching! Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Sue H., I am envious of your train trip through the Rockies. We had planned to do that in the summer of 2020, but you know--Covid :( Our travel plans are all up in the air now with my husband's shoulder replacement surgery looming. Hopefully, he heals nicely and we can get some sort of trip in in the fall. Sailor's Valentine is looking wonderful--you tackle such seemingly (in my mind anyway) difficult projects and they always turn out great!

    ReplyDelete