THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, February 6, 2023

And the Tomatoes Keep on Coming.....

 

The RV show was interesting but boy are those things pricey!!! I was interested in the van sized ones that would be perfect for just Rich and I. They had tiny kitchenettes with small fridges, 1-3 burner stoves and microwaves, full size beds, bath rooms...and they varied greatly....and I living/dining area ..very compact. Some were 'plusher' than others, but all were over $100,000!!!!! I'm glad I saw them in person but we would definitely search for a used one if, or when, we ever decide to take a trip across the country. Probably should have done this years ago!!!!

I started on Tomato Row by October House Fiber Arts last night. The chart was included included in our retreat box. I am stitching on 37 ct Corn Tassel  by Legacy linens  and converted to VMS fibers.It was a good companion while watching the second season of Hunters on Amazon Prime. It's about Nazi hunters and stars Al Pacino. Anybody else watching/seen this?

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

5 comments:

  1. Very cute!
    I am stitching on Brenda Gervais' I Collect, which has some tomatoes on it.
    Who would've thought tomatoes would become so popular?
    I haven't heard of that show, but I like Al Pacino's movies.
    My favorite is Serpico from years ago.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stasi: Nice start on the Tomato Row, I am going to have to look up the Hunters now, thanks for the tip.
    We rented a very large camper years ago to travel we loved it, had a ball.
    I hope you post a photo if you buy one, Mikes sister and husband bought a used motor home for cheap.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tomato piece looks super. Love your color conversion! It sounds like you had a fascinating time at the RV show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up after being away last week! I had NO idea campers were so expensive! I've always fantasized about having one of my own and driving it across the country, too, but my husband wants none of that! Can you rent one to try it out? My BIL bought one (used), but discovered he just didn't feel comfortable driving it and quickly sold it.

    Love your little tomato row :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours of those threads look lush Stasi, and those little tomatoes are so cute. Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete