THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, June 25, 2018

Counting the Days......

Greetings! We've been off to a busy summer with not much 'let up' insight. We leave tomorrow for a few days in Wilmington, NC to visit with two of Rich's brothers....both celebrating birthdays and one having just graduated from college at the ripe old age of 62---so proud of him!!! Then Saturday we are heading to Busch Gardens with my daughter and her family; she asked if we'd help out so they'd have 'one on one' coverage for the kids. Now I haven't been to an amusement park in well over a decade, so I'm questioning whether I'll still love roller coasters and other rides as much as I have in the past. When we lived in Cincinnati, we were only about 10 minutes from Kings Island and got annual family passes..... many roller coaster rides were logged over the years, but I'm feeling a little on the timid side now. I guess we'll see Saturday and I'll fill you in after the fact....wish me luck!!!

On to stitching.....I realized I've been remiss sharing my Samsarah calendar pieces (last post was September 2017). I have been toiling away on them whenever we're on a  trip and I'm NOT driving. I just finished up November this week and have that and October to show. I opted to not do Veteran's Day, since July has a patriotic piece, and I'd like one for St. Patrick's Day. So......I'm down to five more to complete the set and I can't wait to be done!!! This has filled a void for my travel stitching for the last 4 years but I am really tired of that ole checkerboard border....I've done 43 of them so far and been through oodles of black and white floss!!! It may still take me awhile to finish up as I primarily work on these in the car, but the end is in sight!

October

November
 I had said I'd share my Make-it Take-its from The PSS Retreat and here they are. We covered a little papier mache box with fabric and Modge Podge and made a little sheep resting in a tiny grapevine wreath (sorry that doesn't show up).



I also got Week 26 stitched for the Red Band Sampler SAL...two to go plus bonus chart!! I love this alphabet and can't wait for this weeks!!!


 Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

6 comments:

  1. Your Red Sampler is looking good, Stasi. Will you be taking part in the next one that Carol will be putting out? Your calendar pieces are looking good. Have a safe trip to NC and have a good time visiting with family. I look forward to hearing about your adventure at Busch Gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip sounds great Stasi. I would love to go on any roller coaster with you. I love them and I can never find anyone else that will go on.

    Your stitching is fantastic. Your sampler is coming along so well and I love all of your Sam Sarah stitches. It makes such a nice set. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now, you are the daring one!! I am looking forward to the update after this trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm worn out just reading this post! Have a wonderful time--it all sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is amazing--graduating college at 62! Good for him :) It's never too late to learn, that's for sure...

    I doubt I could face rollercoasters any more... I think I'd be too worried about my back. Will be interesting to read your report.

    Your Sam Sarah project is looking great--I can imagine you are ready to finally finish all those little rectangles, though. Have fun at Busch Gardens--hope the weather isn't too, too hot for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rollercoasters, eep! Was last on one about a dozen years ago ... I think that'll hold me. ;) Hope you had fun with the grandkids!

    Your stitching is beautiful, as always. It's such fun to see that red sampler grow!

    ReplyDelete