THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

My Stitcher's Heart....(464)

Greetings...it's been a busy time since last we met...a birthday, 5th grade graduation, last day of school, Father's Day, out of town visitors, baseball games, swim meets and a quick visit to my parents. And, as I write this, thunder is rolling through and it's pouring rain! I'm going to show a few pics of our celebrations at the end of the post but for now I'll start with some stitching. Up first is a finish-finish to add to my Stroll. It is My Stitcher's Heart by Hands on Design, stitched in 2017. This was a shop exclusive for the Elegant Stitch and was a very inclusive kit...all the stitching supplies, finishing supplies and the wax key. I did add some beads at the ends of the twisted cording. I really was drawn to this by the colors and I liked the saying on the top..."My needle and thread, may they never part, it's the key to unlock my stitcher's heart". And, of course, there was the tomato pincushion....isn't that just too adorable????!!! We had to paint and wax the box, then modge podge the printed paper from an antique magazine on the inside (the paint, wax and modge podge were not included).



Inside of box
Set of smalls (I have the pincushion propped up)
Next up is week 25 of the Red Sampler Band SAL..only three more installments and a bonus chart.


And last but not least is what I've gotten accomplished on Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas by by Thistles. The fabric is not showing up well; it's actually a dark green.
 
 Now the aforementioned family photos:

Asher's new baseball buddy
Cora getting ready for back stroke

Esther on last day of school

Sign my daughter made for hubby for Father's Day




Birthday celebration at Buckroe Beach (James, the birthday boy is at far left)
5th Grade graduation






Great day at Buckroe Beach---what a gem!!!

Hope you enjoyed...thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!
Stasi


9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous addition to your stitch stroll! I, too, like the verse on the box top. It sounds and looks like you have had some action packed days.

    Stay safe and hope you keep power at your house! We had the torrential rains and winds about an hour or so ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stitcher's heart looks great, love all the accessories.
    Cathy has some cute designs.
    Looks like a very busy Summer in store for you!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything--stitching, family pictures, all of it--FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart!! I love Stitchers Heart and the finishing is superb! Love that little pincushion. Your daughter's sign for her Dad is adorable. Wonderful family photos! Your summer is off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Stitcher's Heart is fabulous! Your ornament is coming along great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is such a gorgeous finish, Stasi! Your finishing is perfection, too! The verse is wonderful :)

    Looks like a busy, but fun start to summer for you and your family--how lucky you are to have the grandchildren nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stasi, I love Stitcher's Heart. What a wonderful pattern and your finishing is perfection. Such a really nice piece. Love your photos. It is so. nice to see everyone enjoying themselves. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stasi, I love Stitcher's Heart. What a wonderful pattern and your finishing is perfection. Such a really nice piece. Love your photos. It is so. nice to see everyone enjoying themselves. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. (where'd my comment go? rats! trying again....)

    Stitcher's Heart is a delightful set - beautifully done. Loved seeing the family pictures! (Go, Cora - swim hard!)

    ReplyDelete