THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Closing out my August Stroll.....(243)

It is so hard to believe it is the last day of August, especially since the temps are nice and no humidity!!! Since we couldn't do Kings Dominion yesterday, we opted to take the grand kids to Sky Zone, where they jumped on trampolines to their heart's content, and then out for dinner. They asked to spend the night, so we then had a little impromptu sleepover (this is why we moved to Richmond)!!! They are off today to meet their teachers...school starts next Tuesday.

I'm veering from my usual path and sharing a few beaded pieces for my Stroll today. In my late teens, I was turned on to bead weaving  and started with a narrow belt width bead loom from Tandy's, a leather craft store back then. Here are three belts I made; I tried to put one around my waist......was I ever that skinny??? LOL
 




My boyfriend, now hubby, made me a wider loom out of wood with stretched springs at each end to separate the warp threads. My first project on that loom was a small bag.

Patterns were hard to come by, mostly American Indian themed, and I even resorted to using motifs off the Whitman candy boxes. I would have a hey day now with all the graphs at my fingertips!!!

No stitching last night with the kiddies here, but quality time spent tucking them in and chatting for awhile.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
 

4 comments:

  1. You are a gal of many talents, Stasi. What lovely belts and bag you created with the bead weaving! It sounds like the grandkids had a good time and I know that you are enjoying being closer to them. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stasi this bag is so lovely. Like Robin said you are a girl of many talents. Glad you had such a great day with the grandkids. What a compliment that they wanted to spend their last night before school starts with you and your husband. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cool treasures Stasi. I am glad you had such a good time with the grands. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bead woven belts are beautiful as is the bag - wow! Sounds like you had a good time with the kiddos even without Kings Dominion.

    ReplyDelete