THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Gearing up....again

Our time at the cabin is winding down....we will be leaving WV this Thursday for good. We'll be watching the grand kids until Labor Day weekend, followed by some down time at the beach before we begin the unloading, unpacking and re-establishing of our household. We should have possession of the new house by 9/14!!!!

We've been reassessing our time in WV and realizing we didn't take full advantage of opportunities the region offered up to us over the last 11 years. It's that pitfall where you think you'll have all the time in the world for discovering/enjoying things, but then you get caught up with your day to day work and responsibilities and, before you know it, you're pulling up stakes. I wish we had tubed and/or rafted down the Shenandoah River, visited DC more often, taken a ghost tour of Shepherdstown, gone to the Luckett's Antique Market etc.. We did manage to visit Harpers Ferry last weekend with the goal of me getting my Senior pass to our National Parks--mission accomplished! (Oh my...did I just say "senior"????????)

On to stitching news......I have the back panel of the Mexican reticule stitched. I managed the Aztec stitch without any difficulties and love it as the centerpiece of the panel.


Not sure how much I'll be getting accomplished --stitching-wise-- in the next few weeks/months, but will try to post when possible. If nothing else, I'll try to work on the Samsarah calendar series as I can pick that up easily and stitch just about anywhere.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship! See you on the flip side!!!

Stasi 
  

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you are making progress towards getting resettled - congratulations on your new house! Please post pictures when you can.

    Your Mexican reticule looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stasi,

    I'm thinking about you. I hope your move isn't too taxing. It will be nice to have all your things in your new nest!

    Syd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mexican reticule looks fabulous. Best wishes and good thoughts coming your way as move toward that Sept. 14th date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! I got my senior pass to the National Parks this past June, so I guess I'm older than you? We're not old, we're eligible for freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending happy thoughts your way for the move and the settling in process--it will all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your progress! It's really beautiful. I'm glad to hear you have a move date. Hopefully you can breathe again once you get in your new place. Moving is always stressful not matter how well planned it may be. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete