THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Travel Stitching


We've been traveling to Richmond and back for house updates and such so I've been getting some work done on the Samsarah perpetual calendar. I usually delegate this to car rides and doctor visits since I can see the perforated paper holes without my magnifier. The aging vision process sure does cramp my stitching style!!!! Here are four more that I have completed----Wednesday is from the May series and the rest are from June. I still have one more June to go!


  


We also recently traveled to see my younger daughter in NC. She is getting married in October and I took the opportunity to shop for dress while I was in an area that actually had some department stores. We found a Dillard's outlet in Asheville and wonder of wonders I could say "yes" to a dress!!! I was dreading this hunt as I don't like myself in dresses. I'm on the shorter side and always feel I look "frumpy". But my daughter found a lovely burgandy shift dress with lace overlay and sleeves. It fit well and, with the addition of Spanx  to smooth out the "muffin tops", should be perfect. I'm definitely channeling my great aunts/grandmother who squished themselves into girdles. LOL    Oh, and they were also having a BOGO sale so I got a second dress for free!!!

I finished the stitching on the Pioneer Girl's Book Etui last night. I had great intentions of completing the finishing on this but I'm too frazzled/out of sorts without my usual "finishing" set up. It will be on my growing list of things to do once I'm settled in the new digs.

Pin roll (top), Scissor fob (center) and thread winder (bottom)
 Next, I'm on to a Lizzie Kate Inspiration Boxer called Accept What Is ...... My husband saw this and really liked the saying...I did too! It goes "accept what is..let go of what was...have faith in what will be". It should be a fairly quick stitch. I need to learn to practice this in my daily life...words of wisdom!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. The Pioneer Girl's Book stitching is so wonderful.
    So happy to hear you found a great dress. yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vickie--it was easier than I thought!

      Delete
  2. Love the Pioneer Girl's Book. Can't wait to see it all together. I should get me a copy of that Lizzie Kate. Life keeps throwing me wringers and I can't do a dang thing about it. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting the stitching finished on the Pioneer Girl's Book! Look forward to seeing your new start! And way to go on finding a dress for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you notice when you were mother-of-the-bride dress shopping that a lot of the dresses look like what our grandmothers wore? Frumpy or matronly are perfect descriptions! Love the Pioneer Girl's book!

    ReplyDelete