THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, February 1, 2016

A Weekend Finish

I got a couple pieces finished over the weekend..not sure why they took so long for me to stitch/finish. I bought these back in 1999, one of the first "smalls" patterns I ever bought. They were kits from Needleworks by Sue Hawkins out of Britain. I seem to remember there was a series of these with different floral motifs, but the Heartsease stood out. I loved the colors and ladybug!!!  BTW, I stitched these back in 2013-2014.

 I stitched as called for but fiddled with the finishing on the pieces.  They used a long legged cross stitch to join fronts to backs and it worked okay on the scissor fob. The pincushion was a whole other story...... I understood (at least I think I did) what I was supposed to do, but it wouldn't lay flat. So, I fell back on Betsy Morgan's joining process and all turned out well.

So here you go..... Heartsease Pincushion and Scissor Keeper by Sue Hawkins.


Fronts

Backs

 I did add beads at the corners of the pincushion rather than tassels. 

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. Our snow is slowly melting but we still have quite a bit since our house faces north.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship"!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. Those two are just precious! Love the ladybug too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Aren't they just the thing we need to see....harbingers of spring time! Keep up the stash busting of finishing

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a marvelous job of finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like the back of the pincushion.

    ReplyDelete