THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, June 1, 2015

A Common Thread

"The Love of Stitching is our Common Thread"--true that!!! This is the quote on my latest stitch/finish and so true among stitchers. We love to share our needlework and "bind" ourselves to others with the same passion for needle and thread. I had seen this design somewhere on FB and immediately fell in love with it. Sadly, it was a club piece that I  was too late to get in on it, but I hoped to find it one day on the secondary market.  Happily, I had mentioned my "search" to a friend who WAS a member of that club and she graciously gifted me the kit for Christmas (thanks dear Sally)--just proving how kind and giving stitchers are.

 So here is my completed Common Thread Stitchers Mat by Threadwork Primitives. I love the muted tones in this and the hand dyed velvet pincushion..very sweet, yet elegant at the same time.



This will be a quick post as I leave Thursday for Ocean City for a class with Betsy Morgan. I have all my end of the month reports/taxes to do for our business, make some dinners for hubby, do laundry, pack, decide what projects to take to work on, etc., etc., etc.!!!! I'll try to do better documenting my trip but I always get so caught up in the weekend that I forget to take photos. I'll also have a few projects to share when I get back, but they are gifts and will have to wait until my return.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely piece ... and the sentiment is sooooo true! Have fun in Ocean City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use the threads they recommended. Yours looks so beautiful and I don't remember those colors....I thought the other was more muted...perhaps it was just the picture. Anyway, I love your stitching you do such a beautiful job. Can't wait to see you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you use the threads they recommended. Yours looks so beautiful and I don't remember those colors....I thought the other was more muted...perhaps it was just the picture. Anyway, I love your stitching you do such a beautiful job. Can't wait to see you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful time! I'll look forward to hearing all about it when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely piece you stitched! I really like the sentiment that Nan used in the design. Have a fabulous trip to Ocean City and enjoy your class.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you know that that you can make money by locking selected pages of your blog or website?
    Simply join AdWorkMedia and implement their content locking plug-in.

    ReplyDelete