THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes..................

I know I'm out of season at this point...but really.... who knows...there's another storm blowing across the midwest that just might hit us!!! I'll be ready with my newly completed Hibernation Day  by Heartstring Samplery. I stitched most of this during our snowy winter days but had to put it aside, with only the bottom third left, to get some class pre-stitching done. I went back to it  this week and finished it up!
 I stitched mine on a piece of 36 count Barn Owl from Birds of a Feather that I had in my stash waiting for the perfect piece. I think I found it in this!!! I also changed colors and used a more muted "berry" color. I'm really trying to use supplies from my stash, as long as they work, but won't sacrifice the piece to do that. In this instance I used some GAST, Weeks and Valdani and am very happy with the outcome. I did change up the verse a bit (see March 7th post) and added a row of buttons at the bottom. The heart button was way too bright so I just colored over it with a brown permanent marker and it took it down a few notches. 
Now I need to think about framing--something rustic don't you think?



I am counting the days until my Sherri Jones classes!!! Only 8 more days until I head down to the ocean. Hopefully I'll be posting some finished projects soon after.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi




2 comments:

  1. How appropriate to be stitching this during your cold winter!
    It turned out lovely and I like the way you personalised the verse.
    You deserve some warm weather at the Beach now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is really lovely Stasi and what a great idea to color the button and make it work with your sampler!! I'm envious of your classes with Sherry Jones, have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete