THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!!!

A beautiful Easter Day it is here in sunny West Virginia. Hope you are enjoying a glorious day wherever you are!

It has taken me a while to post about my weekend in Ocean City with Sherri Jones, but my daughter and her family came to visit for a few days and all my attention was focused on the grand kids (could it be any other way) and getting caught up with work. And, it is going to be a little bit longer, as hubby and I have some yard work planned for today, so I don't have much time.

But, I did want to share some "blasts from the past". I'm going to call these "vintage" as I stitched them in 1983 and the pattern actually was dated 1978!!! They are from a series of Easter eggs put out by The Berry Patch. Maybe some of you recall them!!! You stitched the design on 22 count hardanger and then "glued" them on a styrofoam egg shape. White lace covered where you had to cut your fabric to "shape" around the egg.  One of the eggs was a foray into making my own design. My hubby was an avid scuba diver back then and I designed his with a scuba diver "diving" for eggs. I was pretty proud of myself back then for thinking "outside of the box". So here you go:





They are pretty fun--aren't they??

So, when I was pulling these out to decorate, I remembered I still had a few more kits in my stash. So, I dug them out and made two for Sally and Sara at Salty Yarns as a thank you for a great weekend. Here they are:



Again, Happy Easter to all and more to follow in the next few days about my stitching weekend!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I have some of those eggs buried in my stash, too! Now I have to dig them out and think about next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, you'll definitely have to pull them out--they are fun and easy to do! Happy Easter!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your day. Happy Easter! Look forward to hearing abou your weekend with Sherri Jones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Staci! I don't remember these kits...Who put them out. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat- they were from a company called the Berry Patch.

    ReplyDelete