THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Leaving on a Jet Plane......747-749


 Greetings friends! It has been a busy travel month...first Nashville, then a visit to NC to visit Jax and his parents...... 

He'll be going on his first camping trip next week, so we got him a little play tent for his birthday

........followed by a day at home and then back on the road to visit my parents. 

We surprised them with a special visitor

While visiting my parents, we went to a Peep Show, where everything displayed was made from Peeps. Here are a couple of the better ones:




We are now at home and preparing for a trip to celebrate our upcoming 50th anniversary. We are heading to Ireland!!!! We've wanted to make this trip for a while, but Covid and life got in the way. We decided this was the year to make it happen! So, lots to do and plan for , which makes me anxious, but I know it'll all work out in the end. 

Here are to finishes I forgot to post earlier...my February and March ornaments for the #12in24ornamentstitchalong hosted by Carol @ Stitching Dreams. On the left is Noah's Christmas Ark VI (deer).....stitched on 28 ct. Straw/Grey Gingham, over one, with WDW and GAST. On the right is Christmas Eve Deer by the Prairie Schooler, found in The Gift of Stitching magazine. I did this on 32 ct. blue with white dots Belfast with WDW and GAST fibers. 




I've managed to get some car stitching done and actually FFO'd the piece this afternoon. This is I'll Keep You Warm All Winter Long by Val's Stuff. It's stitched on 14 ct. perforated paper...my car go to....with Anchor and DMC. I sewed a piece of felt on the back with my sewing machine...easy, peasy finish! This will serve as my April ornament in the #12in24ornamentstitchalong.


I did a tiny bit on my Leap Your project, Cardinal Points....one little dragonfly. 


I've also been working on a non cross stitch....Wooly Feather Tree by Attic Heirlooms. My friend, Lisa, enabled me on this one and here is what I have so far....lots of wooly branches that have to be attached to a trunk.



I bought the tree kit and it was very generous...I have enough to easily make a second tree. Then I can download a free pattern every month to make tiny ornaments to hang on the tree. I have not done much wool work, and this has been fun so far. I'm trying to use scraps of wool that I have in my stash, though you can but a monthly kit for that. 

Another little finish is Joy and Good Cheer by With Thy Needle and Thread. My version was sticthed, over one, on 40 ct. Earl Grey Linen by Grace Notes. I used a combo of WDW, CC and anchor.


Our friend, Marilyn aka Murf, gifted me the chart and I said I would pass it on when I was done. So, if you'd like the chart, please leave a comment stating your interest and I will pick a name when I get back from my trip. 


Check out these cute little hangers I found at Hobby Lobby in the clearance section. I may paint them and hang in my sewing/craft room.


I will close with this cute saying I found on FB...a little late for St. Patrick's Day but in keeping with my upcoming trip.


Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi






6 comments:

  1. Jax is too cute!
    Nice stitchy finishes.
    Your Joy piece is so pretty on the blue fabric.
    Cute hooks! Hobby Lobby is restructuring & putting a lot of things on sale.
    I am not close to one, but they are setting one up close to here to open in Fall.
    I can't wait!
    Congrats on 50 years, & what a great trip you will have to Ireland.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each one of your finishes is lovely, Stasi. I love the ornaments you stitched and finished. The PS reindeer is so pretty on the blue with white dots linen. What awesome 'button' hooks you found at Hobby Lobby! You have been one busy bee. Hope your trip to Ireland is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love "Joy and Good Cheer"! Ireland sounds like a wonderful trip..congrats on your anniversary...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ornaments are wonderful! The wooly feather tree will be darling. I can't believe you did Joy and Good Cheer all over one on 40ct. It looks fabulous! Count me in please for the giveaway. Thank you! The button hooks are cute. That trip to Ireland is going to so GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm shocked at how grown up Jax is looking! What a cutie pie :) Your parents are looking good and I'm sure they were thrilled with their surprise visitor!

    And how exciting to be going to Ireland, Stasi. I'm so glad you are finally able to cross this one of your list after wanting to go for so many years. Love your two ornaments and the cute Joy and Good Cheer finish. Wishing you and your husband a very Happy 50th! We'll be hitting that milestone in just three years ourselves--where have the years gone?! Safe travels and take lots of photos to share with us! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that traveling Stasi, it seems to me you need a holiday!! Your christmas ornaments are really pretty. I have the download of The Gift of Stitching but always forget I have it and never look through the issues, so I need to get to that and see what hidden treasures there are in there! Happy Stitching! Sue x

    ReplyDelete