THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, March 9, 2024

Back to Reality.......


 I am back from the Nashville Needlework Market...actually got back on Tuesday. It's a long drive.....10 hours from my house, but Sally and Sara have already driven 4 to get here, so a total of 14 hours for them. We split it up into two days and I happily stitch in the back seat while poor Sara does all the driving. We hit some heavy rain on the way out...not fun!!! We shopped for 2 1/2 days and Sara brought a load back for Salty Yarns.

I have to be honest, not too much "jumped" out at me; maybe I'm just too saturated with stash.  But, having said that, it is exciting to see all the designers with their new releases. They put a lot of time and effort into setting up their "rooms", on top of the expenses to travel/ship to Nashville. That's why we need to support them if we want them to continue. Soof course, I did order some things from Salty Yarns!!!  I'm waiting on one item to come in before Sara mails my purchases, and I'll share when I get them. I'm not going to say much else about it since a LOT of other people have already down wonderful reviews and posts. 

I did a bit of stitching while there. My car project was A Haunting We Will Go by Douglas Designs. They are on perforated paper with DMC and Kreinik Glow in the Dark fibers.

In the hotel rooms, where I had access to my magnifier lamp, I worked on Live on Little by Plum Street. The house building is going slowly...guess I'm having trouble with my sub contractor!!! LOL


Once home I started on Samplings 1 by With Thy Needle and Thread. I want to get this and Samplings 2   (shown in last post)  FFO'd by Easter. 

I did this on a 40 ct. mystery linen with the called for fibers.

I may have to change my tune about things "jumping" out to me at Market. Here is what I bought yesterday at Liberty Hill Needlework's Market Days. This is the new shop in Williamsburg, VA and Susan was jam packed with Market goodies...... it's just too darn hard to resist!!! I think part of the problem might be that it is so overwhelming at Market and we are moving quickly through the rooms to get to everyone. Yesterday I could take my time and peruse the multitude of baskets, boxes, displays etc. that Susan had in the shop. 


I do hope you were able to find new projects from Nashville. Let me know what "jumped" out at you!

I am trying to keep up the the Book of Days again this year. I failed miserably last year and am hoping to do better this year. Here is my January and February.



 We are off to the traveling Banff Film  Festival tonight with friends. Rich and I have gone the last two nights and have enjoyed all the films. At $7.00 a ticket for over 2/12 hours of interesting films, it is truly a cheap date!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi



7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time at Market. I like the look of your Anna Marie's Pocket, I'm going to look for that - La-D-Da maybe? Teresa Kogut has a nice booklet out too, with several designs, so I'll probably get that one. Sorry I've been quiet lately, my Mum died in January, so there's been a lot to sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful (busy and productive) time at Market, Stasi. What a good haul from your visit to Liberty Hill in Williamsburg. I am hoping to get down there in April. I placed 5 market orders and 1 was delivered in Friday's mail. While I really didn't need anything, I wanted to support the designers and accessory people. Hope you had an enjoyable evening with your friends watching the films.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about your trip to Market, Stasi! I ordered the new HOD Liberty Pennies and will, most likely, end up succumbing to the charms of those sweet 12 Days of Christmas Stockings by Annie Beez. They are just wonderful! I honestly have SO much in my stash that I want to stitch that I'm trying to get some of those done this year. It still amazes me how you can stitch in the car--I just can't do it. Lots of pretty new projects are appearing in your hoop--love that giant house in the PSS one! Hope you have a great week ahead ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only little Maggie Mae for me. She is tooooo cute! I see you got her too. ;) And I am happy to see you got my friend Annie's book. She did very well this year with her stocking book. I am so happy for her. Aren't they darling?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stasi: You are so lucky you were able to go to Market, I bet it is interesting. Congratulations on your stitching progress, I cannot stitch in the car.
    Nice new stash, looking forward to seeing Miss Maggie stitched.
    I also failed last year at journaling.

    Catherine☘️

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like your Market experience was a good one Stasi. I think it's darn near impossible not to buy anything. I certainly didn't have plans for order anything but ended up spending £8o or more. Jan Hicks Florigraphica 2 & Arabesque, Jeanette Douglas, Chubby Bunny, October House Vineyard Faire and finally Little House Needleworks Log Cabin Squirrel and the thread pack for the whole set. Not bad for someone who wasn't going to buy anything, Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a trip! It looks like you picked up a nice haul post trip! I honestly tried not to look to much, I have enough to keep me plenty busy. Although I did get a couple new ones from my last retreat!

    ReplyDelete