THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

VA State Fair


 Yesterday was a gorgeous fall day so we went to the VA State Fair.

 


 I was sad to see there weren't more needlework items on display, but got the feeling they only show the top ribbon winners. Here are the two I liked:



 There was a fun display in one of the tents of old household items...here are a few that caught my eye:

My Mom had one of the old Coke bottle with a "sprinkler" on top



But this was really cool...never seen a hoop like this... the rings were so 'thick' ......the the lady wasn't sure where it came from. Have any of you seen one like this?



That's it for my highlights of the Fair! Overall, it was a lot of rides, junk food and very expensive!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful day at the fair! Maybe I will get there one year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The State Fair is always fun. :) Have you thought of entering a piece yourself Stasi?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not surprised you like the honeycomb stitching, it's lovely. I've tracked it down to an instant download on Etsy by PeppermintPurple. Very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun time.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! What is the name of the first piece, with all the squares?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was an entry at the state fair so I don't know the name of the piece, but I recognized the designer as Carolyn Manning...hope that helps.

      Delete
  6. Your state fair looks fun and full of so many interesting thing. I wouldn't fancy hold that hoop to stitch! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete