THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, January 1, 2022

And So it Begins With a New Year and a Little Strolling (622-631)

 

Yes, 2021 wasn't the best year, but it's done...over...finis!!! Time to move forward and hope for better times. Here is how we celebrated the new year...with a hike at our local state park. We started around 11:00PM and hiked a little over a mile to  a fire pit where we toasted the New Year with drinks and Hershey kisses. Then we hiked back and ended around 1:00AM. Slept in until 9:00AM this morning and that never happens!!!

 We even got a cute sticker to commemorate...it'll go on my water bottle. 

 

I had a very productive stitching year and will be adding 10 new finishes to my Stitch Stroll. But first I want to share the lovely gifts I received from blog friends. First is the perfect stitch for me, gifted by Vickie at A Stitchers Story Thanks so much, Vickie...it is adorable!


 Next was from Carol at Stitching Dreams...and if you haven't checked out her fabulous tree full of her stitched ornaments, you need to hop right over there. I just love the simplicity of the design and finish..thanks so much Carol!


 Finally, is one of our most supportive friends in blogger land and IG.....Robin in Virginia. She sent gifts fro my birthday and Christmas and I love them all. Robin, thanks for your generosity and support through the year...you know me well!


 Now on to my stroll..the first of which concerns the gifts I made for friends. I always try to make something for the top commenters on my blog; I so appreciate that they take the time to comment on my posts. That means a lot to me!!! So, they received these cute pieces from Cricket Collections Woolen Mittens  and Woolen Mittens II. I had fun with these as they are stitched on 10 ct Heatherfield. I wish I had taken a photo of the back, because I really tried to find the perfect fabric.


I participated in the Hands on Design Cookie Exchange and finished in a small red frame I found at Hobby Lobby. Just added bows at the top and "pushed" some green chenille around the edge. I changed my fabric to a Gingerbread color, but otherwise, stitched as called for.


 A sweet friend lent me this chart, On Giving by Edna Medlin...part of the Christmas of Olde series...after I had commented on her finish. It seemed so appropriate for this season and I jumped on it right away. I had this wooden thread holder in my stash and the piece fit perfectly when stitched over one on 40 ct linen. It might be tough to read the saying so here goes: "it is in giving that we receive".

 

This is My Dear Bobbin by Marie Suarez....stitched on two different bandings and mounted on a bobbin as called for. This may, or may not, be going to a friend. :)


Finally are the ornaments I made the grandkids this year. I usually stitch them each a different one but couldn't resist doing them all the same this year. Jingle Berry, times 4, by Erica Michaels. Two were stitched on 28ct 18th Century Red by R&R, and two were stitched on a 32 count mystery red linen with Anchor floss. White pom pom, chenille and bakers twin added to hang.


I also wanted to share the 12 ornaments I did for the #12in21ornamentstitchalong on IG, hosted by Carol @caroling55.

 

Had a thing for reindeers this year


 

This was so much fun and I think Carol may be hosting again in 2022, so check it out on IG if you're interested. Let me know if you'd like the info on any of the ornaments and I'll get that to you.

 

To end, this is going to be my 2022 New Years Day start....In All Things Be Exceedingly Diligent by Needlework Press....as soon as I eat lunch, iron the fabric and sit my butt in my stitchy seat!!!  I'm stitching on 46 ct Light Examplar by Lakeside linen, over two, with a conversion to Victorian Motto Shoppe threads. I do have to say that the fabric is not very light, but what I wanted.


I wish you all a very happy, healthy and kinder New Year! May you be blessed with quality time with your loved ones and hours of stitchy goodness. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi



 


 

9 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the hiking out 2021 and into 2022. And your finishes are beautiful as always. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finishes and a lovely variety. Have a wonderful New Year and keep on stit hing

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to start the year by hiking.
    All of your ornaments are so pretty.
    I love my Santa Moon!
    Happy New Year!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun way to end the old year and bring in the new one! You received a wonderful assortment of goodies. Love the mittens you stitched especially my B! Enjoyed seeing your 12 ornaments that you stitched during Carol's SAL. Hope to see you sometime in 2022, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stasi, you are an amazing woman and I tip my hat to you! Happy New Year. Hope to see in you '22.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to start our your new year, Stasi! I'm impressed! I was falling asleep watching The Proposal (in honor of sweet Betty White) as midnight approached :)

    What beautiful gifts you sent out--I love my mitten and it's one I hadn't stitched yet. Thank you again--so very much! The ornaments you made for your grandchildren are darling and, of course, I loved seeing your 12 ornaments for the #12in21ornamentstitchalong :) So glad you are up for it again.

    Wishing you and your family every happiness in this new year ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stasi, I admire you for going for a midnight hike! I'm long asleep by midnight and it's been years since I could stay up that late to ring in the new year. I'm a ridiculously early riser! I did hike on the first and again today though!

    What wonderful gifts you received from stitching friends. Loved all of your gifted mittens but my favorite is the snowman!! I'm honored to have received it! Now, that was stitched on 10 ct also? I could not figure out the fabric at all other than it looked difficult to stitch.
    Your cookie exchange piece looks great in the red frame, I had to laugh at your description of "pushing" in the green chenille!! Sounds exactly like something I would do!!
    Great variety of stitches in the 12/21. I am going to give it my best effort to do this year. I stitched yesterday and today for the first time in ages and so far so good! I can't tell you how relaxed I felt stitching and listening to Paul McCartney's concert in Red Square! I missed it more than I realized!

    Your santa's caps for the grands are just adorable, I hope they were thrilled with them.
    Great New Years start!! Have a wonderful New Year, I certainly hope its a kinder one for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Madeleine adds meaningful stickers to her water bottle also. ;) You received wonderful gifts Stasi. You are a wonderful friend! :)
    You stitched up many of those sweet mittens! I thought I had received the only one. ;)
    Your New Year is off to a great start my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Stasi: What a lovely post, there is so much to enjoy, all the gifts you recieved, and the ones you sent, I love my little mitten girl you stitched, she is on my tree in my office where I spend a load of time working.
    The ornamenst you made the Grandchildren are adorable, what a fun idea to have a 12 for 21 ornament challenge.
    Your new Sampler is stunning, I have only stitched on 46 count linene once, I had a hate and love relationship with it.

    Happy Blessed New Year
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete