THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, July 21, 2018

Listening to the Rhythym of the Falling Rain...... (469)

.......and hoping to get my "stitch" on!!! We woke up to rain this morning (we need it) with a forecast of rain for the next few days. We are babysitting this afternoon/evening,  but will be grabbing that needle as soon as the kiddies are gone. We will be going school clothing shopping this afternoon; I've always bought Asher and Cora a couple of outfits, but with four now I'm having to set a limit of $40 each. I took Cora shopping this morning and she is a bargain shopper and managed to get two adorable outfits for $40. I hope the others fare as well or it may be a bugger trying to explain to James and Esther...fingers crossed! (I have a 30% off coupon for Kohls so that could help!!!)

Yesterday was Rich and my 44th anniversary. I woke up to this sweet arrangement sitting on my lap top. The flowers came from Rich's (Pops) garden and were so bright and cheerful! We celebrated with a nice, quiet dinner out.... just the two of us.



On the stitching front, I managed to get two pieces stitched for the Hands on Design I Dream of the Sea set. I stitched,as called for, the tray and spool designs.



Last night I worked on the Black Sampler Band SAL, whose first installment came yesterday morning. Each week takes approximately three hours to stitch and I try to do it asap so I don't start to fall behind. I'm not doing mine in black, but a dark variegated brown.


I had been visiting my stash recently and came across this old project I had started in 2008, Quaker Turtles by With My Needle and Thread. There is a set of four turtles---a pincushion, needlebook, pocket and scissor fob. My original plan was to do all four, but after doing one I think that'll be it....very fiddly putting together....but the finishing instructions were detailed.


So, I have a friend (non-stitcher) who loves turtles and this will be a belated birthday present for her. I had started the needlebook but finished it as the pincushion. I'm showing it in a ceramic dish she had made for me. I'm officially adding this to my Stitch Stroll--#469.



Well, that's all I've got today...thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

8 comments:

  1. Have fun shopping and keeping my fingers crossed for some good bargain finds! We have had spits of rain here, but nothing substantial. YET! What an adorable turtle you created, Stasi! The Sea stitches are super and nice start on the Black Band Samler. Happy belated anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having lots and lots of rain here too. I am impressed with Cora's shopping. :) Happy Anniversary! I really like that Hands On Design pattern. The turtle is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Stasi! The flowers are lovely. Hope the shopping went well and the other grands are the bargain hunters Cora is!
    Your flying along on Dream of Sea!!
    I love your color choices for the Band Sampler and hope that the floss isn't giving you trouble.
    The turtle is adorable and fits that ceramic perfectly, she will want her gift to you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you fare with the clothes shopping for the grandkids Stasi? Happy Anniversary to you and Rich. 44 years of wedded bliss is definitely to be celebrated. Your flowers were so pretty. Love all of your stitching and the great progress you have made. Oh that turtle has stolen my heart...how adorable. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that turtle!! I can only imagine how hard that must have been to finish off--your friend will love it, Stasi!

    Congratulations on your 44th anniversary! We celebrated our 41st yesterday--just a quiet dinner at home. Neither of us felt like going out...

    Have fun school shopping--hope the kids find some cute clothes for their $40 budget. That is really sweet of you to shop with them each year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a cute little turtle :) Your friend is certainly going to treasure it. Oooh you've inspired me with the Hands on design. Perfect little projects for the summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! (uh, a tad late) Flowers atop your laptop - very sweet!

    Hope you were able to do well with the other grandkiddos in the back to school shopping (gotta love those 30% off coupons at Kohl's).

    The turtle is adorable! Your two beach pieces look great too, and wow - the next band SAL has already started and you've finished the first installment (zoom!) ... I think your fall color choices are going to give just the right feel.

    ReplyDelete