THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Inch by Inch, Row by Row............

.....gonna make my Nova  grow (sung to an old folk tune, Garden Song). I knew I remembered this piece being addictive; one week in and I'm three months into my goal---I can't stitch just one!!! Still going strong after 49 new squares!!! 



I have spent this past week cleaning/organizing my craft room (as noted in last post). I did a little every day and worked my way around de-cluttering and reaffirming that I have WAY more projects than I can ever imagine completing. So next will be the hard part...deciding what I can live without. It's an overwhelming task because I truly wish to make all these wonderful projects, but reality is setting in and an honest evaluation must be made!!! I'm going to hate this!!! I know a lot of other stitchers are in the same boat..... Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy...can you help me with suggestions and/or support???

I do feel good about the clean-up and thought it time to share my craft/sewing room with you....now that it's presentable! :) I am blessed to have a room, dedicated to my craft, with wonderful windows and storage. Let the tour begin!!!

Sadly this first picture looks dark since I was shooting toward the window! That's my grandmothers cedar chest with the basket on it; I keep all my linen in there laying flat.


Here is my sewing machine wall and a close up of a gift my daughter and her hubby made. It's old yardsticks  they mounted hooks on---I use it to hang some of my threads.



Next is my Ikea  storage wall with my bookcase and storage units. Yes, my ironing board is always set up...I use it to work on a lot!


On the last wall I've utilized an old TV entertainment center and a wonderful find from Goodwill. I found the metal file cabinet, when I lived in Cincinnati, at Goodwill for $15.00. I spray painted it green (though now I'm kind of digging the original golden color).  The drawers slide out and the top three have a "front" that slides down to close them up (when you don't want to see the mess inside). The three binned piece on the top I got from a country store that was going out of business. It was a display case for potpourri and essential oils. It was already green!!!


So there you have it--the fruits of my labor for the week. Now I'm off to stitch some more squares and keep that momentum going.

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship.

Stasi




9 comments:

  1. I am in the same place as you, Stasi. More stash that I can ever expect to stitch. Good news is that once I sell or donate something it leaves my mind and I am able to concentrate on other projects. No remorse. Bad news is that it is hard to stop adding to the stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Teresa...out of sight...out of mind!

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous area you have to craft in! Good luck with the stash purging! Nova looks great; good for you on meeting your goal and then some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your storage finds from Goodwill and especially the piece you put on top. A tidy room is a more productive room...at least that is what I am telling myself. Funny how all we crafters have that same IKEA Expedit for storage. Have a great, productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, forgot to tell how much I like your shelf made of yard sticks, or are they just resting there. And good luck with Nova. I've always wanted to do the one the is similar in the one inch squares but is the flag. One day maybe when I get rid of some of this partially completed projects and that stable stash we all have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is so cozy... it is so nice to have a space to create in. Nova is looking great... I remember when you & others started this..one of the few I didn't jump into...LOL. Oh so much stash, so little time...I feel your pain. I am trying hard to use what stash I have. I don't need another chart or kit. I want to go through my boxes and alphabetize my stuff by designer and hopefully in doing that I'll find stuff I can let go of. Hope you find things you can let go of too... it isn't easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Stasi, you are an inspiration to me. I seriously need to do the same. My room looks like the junk mans' dream of heaven right now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa...it is a good feeling when it's done!

      Delete