THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My Mermaid Finishing Weekend

Since hubby was away for a few days, I took the opportunity for a weekend of binge TV (Salem and 6 Feet Under) and project finishing. I only managed to get one project finished however. There was a lot of hand sewing involved and my "push" finger got so sore, I had to take breaks. I don't know how many times the eye of the needle poked its way in!!! Waa-Waa!!! I find thimbles way to clumsy and the needle I like to use is very thin...I think it's a beading needle. It works for me since it "bends" for the whip stitching, and I can't seem to master a curved needle. But I persevered and here are the results of my labor!

The Mermaid's Two Tales

by Sherri Jones of Patrick's Woods

Tempest Mermaid side of purse
The purse has magnets at the top to hold closed

Calming Mermaid side of purse

Bottom

Inside of purse
There is a set of 3 fish thread bobbins under the flap
Note the pearl--came with the kit--such a cute idea!

Scissor fob, pynn pillow and needle compact (front)

Scissor fob, pynn pillow and needle compact (back)

Inside of needle compact
There is a fish from "mermaid tears" and a tiny vial of Ocean city sand

That's it for now!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

7 comments:

  1. What a great finishing job! I keep seeing my needlebook and thinking I need to work on the rest of the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a fine finish! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent finishing as usual! Isn't it fun to get a project done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is beautiful. What a wonderful finish. I love the vial of sand that will remind you of all the wonderful times at the beach. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete