THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, June 16, 2014

More fun at the beach...............

I decided to skip walking this morning and do some work. Then Paola and I were off to Berlin,Md for a little shopping and lunch. Our first stop was an antique mall where I snagged this adorable scrimshaw pin--I'm sure it will find a home on a "small" soon.
Then we went in a cute little craft shop called JJ Fish Company and I found this "helping hand" I plan to use it for a tea bag holder. The saying that came with it was very sweet and I'm sure you can read it if you enlarge the photo. 

We checked out a few more shops then it was off to lunch at The Atlantic Hotel. I had never been there before but it was quite lovely. We ate outside on a screened porch with ceiling fans and lots of other ladies! It must have been girls day out and they were all there eating at The Drummers Cafe!!! This hotel was featured in the movie The Runaway Bride with Julia Roberts and Richard Gere...a bit o trivia for you!

With a storm fast approaching, we felt it best to leave Berlin and make our way to Salisbury where Paola said I had a surprise waiting. We stopped at a framer there and I was presented with the most beautiful sampler that Paola had stitched to commemorate Rich and my 40th wedding anniversary! Needless to say I was stunned, but oh so thrilled!! It is a Moira Blackburn design and stitched on 40 count.  The stitching and the framing are perfect and this will be treasured by us both always! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Paola!

The day ended with a birthday celebration for Sally at our favorite restaurant, The Sunset Grille, then a little evening stitching. I even made some time for some "people" watching on the boardwalk that evening. And it was quite a show being as it is Senior Week, where high school graduates come to the beach and celebrate by letting off steam!. A true challenge for law enforcement and businesses that cater to families. I won't get on my soap box about this, but I think most parents would be appalled...at least I hope they would....if they saw what went on!!! Enough said!

Tomorrow I will post my final blog about this trip--so "Y'all come back now ..ya hear"!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day!

    The sampler is just gorgeous - I love the personalization. I'm sure you'll treasure it always!

    - Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! Paola's gift is so beautiful. A treasure indeed! How incredibly thoughtful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Stasi, you make me so jealous. Wish I was at Salty Yarns. The class was fabulous, and I also love to walk the boardwalk. Paola's sampler is just marvelous! Nelsa and I will have to head to Berlin in October; we've never been and it sounds so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky,
      You and Nelsa should definitely take a trip to Berlin--it's so close and a cute little town. Have fun at Jamboree!!!
      Stasi

      Delete
  4. Great goodies ~ but oh, what a treasure from your friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am stunned by that sampler! WOW! What a splendid gift and such a wonderful friend to stitch such a masterpiece for you. Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete