THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lady Bug, Lady Bug......Fly Away Home..........

Lady Scarlet's Scissor Roll by Just Nan has lots of lady bugs and a few bumbling bees!!! I just completed finishing this little gem and think it turned out quite nicely. The stitching actually went rather quickly, though I must say, I get so tired of changing colors with Nan's designs. It gets difficult when you have just one or two stitches and no good place to anchor your threads. But, the outcome is always worth it, so I muddle through and do my best ( I hate threads showing through the linen)!!!

The pictures aren't the best but hopefully you'll get the idea:




outside of roll

inside of roll

I didn't splurge on the Dovos lady bug scissors, but found a cute red pair at Hobby Lobby. I figure, they're just going to sit there! :) It's a good thing this is a small piece as I am rapidly running out of room in my display cabinet. I think it's time to start the hunt for a second one!

Now to decide what to start on next....my pre-stitching for a Sheri Jones class next April or the cute little thimble purse from With Thy Needle and Thread. Hmmmmm!!!
I do have to finish up the stitching on a pinball piece that I'm taking a class on next Saturday at the Loudoun Sampler Guild, but there is not much left to do. I also have a biscornu finishing class this Thursday with my EGA group.It's looking to be a busy week!

That's it for now--thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!
Stasi

4 comments:

  1. Soo lovely and sweet needleroll!
    You are so so talented!
    It is very cute with the scissors you found, a pretty heirloom.I love Just Nan,but not the scattered stitches and constant changes of colours.
    But as you said so well, it is worth it in the end!

    So many exciting projects on the go for you,
    I´ll be thrilled to see what you will stitch next:):)
    Take care and have a lovely day over there,
    Anette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anette,

    Thanks again for your kind words--it is much appreciated.

    Stasi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stasi, I love this finish! Would you consider selling the chart/finishing instructions? I should have bought this when it came out, but I was too slow! Thank you for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie,
      I'm sorry but I've already passed this on to a friend, who also was slow to "pounce". :)
      Stasi

      Delete