THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, June 8, 2012

Field Trip to Woodlawn

Yesterday I had the pleasure of going on a field trip with my new EGA Chapter to see the needlework exhibit at Woodlawn. What an inspirational trip--649 wonderful entries to drool over (figuratively of course)! Most needlework methods were represented from counted work to ribbon embroidery, needlepoint, smocking, stump work--pretty much the whole gamut! Lovely, lovely work!!! I even recognized some familiar names among the pieces, so that was fun!


Then it was on to lunch at Mount Vernon followed by a visit to In Stitches for some shopping. I got a Celtic needle minder, pair of scissors,  bee pincushion from JABCO and a great deal on some R&R fabric--fat quarters for just $6.00!!! I need that like a hole in the head but couldn't resist--you know how it is. :)  In fact, I had totally missed the sale basket and was told about it by another lady in our group. I just had time to run back in and get some before they loaded our bus.


 In Stitches is a fabulous shop--loaded to the gills with everything a stitcher could want or hope for. I'll look forward to another visit sometime in the future.


All in all, quite an enjoyable day and......I'm thinking about entering a piece next year. It will be Woodlawns 50th anniversary!


Off to the shower--I've been sitting here cooling down after mowing the lawn. 


Take care,
Stasi

No comments:

Post a Comment