THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, February 15, 2024

The Halfway Point in February........


 I hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day....ours have become very low key....after over 50 celebrated together. Here is an example of how low key.....my valentines from my hubby.


Talk about recycling...these are the old notepads we used to give out when we had our home inspection business!!! He knows my morning routine well, and these were found in all my usual "stops' in the morning....in my oatmeal box, the utensil drawer, near my mugs, under the top of my lap top...you get the picture!!! It was a fun "treasure" hunt for me. For my part, I bought him a mocha shake from Arby's...his favorite and made spaghetti for dinner!!!

On the stitchy front, I had a great time in OCMD for the Salty Yarns Super Bowl sale weekend. I think I've been going to this for at least 17 years! There were about 18-20 ladies who came and rented airbnb's. We would meet in the shop class room and stitch and chat; people came and went at their leisure. We had a pot luck dinner Saturday night and shopped...shopped....shopped. 

I got some goodies including a pair of red Cohana scissors...I couldn't resist the 30% off. Here is the rest of my stash enhancement.




I immediately fell in love with Lila's Studio's Autumn Sampler and bought some fabric. I'll pull fibers from my stash at home. Someone pointed out the verse..... " Autumn is as joyful and sweet as an untimely end"....I'll be changing that. :) The colors are luscious and I really want to get it started...but I'm going to hold off a bit....too many irons in the fire!

I drove up with my friend, Lisa, and we did a little antiquing up and back. Here is what I found:

Sled for finishing, two bobbins, a pack of bone buttons ,a small milk bottle I'm going to use as a pincushion, a towel which will probably become a project bag and a pack of Star Wars milk caps which may, or may not, turn into floss tags

And yes, there was some stitching...I went between two projects...Live on Little and Amy Mittens Advent calendar mittens. 


It took me all day Sunday to get that much of the roof done!!! It's 46 ct over two.


This goes much quicker...25 ct over two with a wool fiber. 

Since I've been home, I've been working on these:


Noah's Ark by Plum Street


 Bristol Soiree by Sassafras Samplers

My friend, Lisa, gifted me this huge project bag and some bottle brush trees. I am a lucky gal...thanks Lisa!


Well, I think that's all for me today. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week and can squeeze some relaxing stitching in. Nashville Market is looming and we have to make room for all the new goodies!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to spend Valentines Day. I really love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Valentines are too cute!
    Sounds like a fun Superbowl weekend.
    Great stash!
    I love Arby's mocha shakes. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had an amazing time in OCMD, Stasi. Super purchases and good work on your projects! You scored on the items you found at the antique shop as well as the gifts from Lisa. Your valentines are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Valentines made me laugh, Stasi! My parents used to exchange the same two Anniversary cards year after year--and that was way before recycling came into vogue :) I would love one of those shakes from Arby's--haven't had one in years. And spaghetti--yum! I think I'll pull out some of my homemade meatballs from the freezer and have it tonight :) Glad you enjoyed your retreat and I know you'll enjoy your new goodies. Have a great week ♥

    ReplyDelete