THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

A Little Update......


 Greetings friends! I've been a bit MIA these past few weeks...things didn't go as planned. Not complaining...just explaining!!! 

I did not make it to either of the retreats at Salty Yarns. I was all packed and ready to go , as evidenced in my previous post, but life got in the way. I had started on a new medicine, that wound up giving me some unpleasant, side effects and I knew I couldn't make that 5 hour drive. I hoped to feel better and go for Jamboree but Rich contracted that RSV virus that's going around and we read that it was very contagious for 3-7 days. So, I thought it was best to stay home and not take the chance of spreading it to the retreat attendees. I was so bummed, as this was the last Jamboree at the current location of Salty Yarns and the Lankford Hotel. Good things are coming and I have many wonderful memories of past events.

To top all that off, my Dad has been in/out of the hospital 4 times in three weeks. He is currently in a nursing home to build his strength back up. He is 94 and my Mom 90, so they are a worry for us, especially since they are three hours away. They are still living independently in their home, and would like to stay that way, but it is getting to be problematic.

So, I've been in a bit of a stitching funk and have not gotten much done. Been forcing myself to work on Jax's stocking, but I am easily distracted. Since I don't have any stitching to share, I thought I'd show my little Halloween display..hope you enjoy it.





I leave Sunday for two weeks in NC to watch Jax...his day care provider is on maternity leave. Hoping this sweet baby will be a positive distraction!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Stasi


12 comments:

  1. Life does get in the way..so sorry you weren't able to go to your retreat. Hope everyone is feeling better and that your father is OK.
    Love your Halloween display, especially the pie shaped piece and the strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina...thanks for stopping by and your well wishes.

      Delete
  2. Aww Stasi, you really are going through it.
    How amazing that your parents are still able to live independently, but I can understand what a worry it must be for you being so far away. I lost my mum back in 1989 and my dad in 2010 but I was lucky, in that he lived less than a five minute walk away, especially when he lost his eyesight.
    It’s such a shame that you ended up missing both retreats in the end. I know it’s disappointing but I believe these things happen for a reason and I’m sure you’ll enjoy the next one even more when it comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do all the difficult things happen all at once? I am so sorry you missed your retreats, Stasi, but better safe than sorry. Is Rich fully back to health? I know how hard it is caring for elderly parents when you live far from them. I do hope your dad regains some strength and that he and your mom can live independently once again in their own home.

    I know you'll thoroughly enjoy your time with the newest baby boy (and fall into bed exhausted each night if you are anything like me!). Your Halloween display is very cute and I hope you get your stitching mojo back very soon. Enjoy those sweet baby cuddles ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The overflowing plate can happen quickly...so sorry you missed your stitching
    gatherings, but being with your little one should balance the scale. Wishing you and your husband good health, well being and safe travel to NC. Your Halloween display is just charming, Stasi
    heritage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments.

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry, you missed the retreats, that is so hard to hear, like you said life does get in the way.
    I am also sad to hear about your father, i hope things get back to normal.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you missed your retreat.
    I hope you both feel better soon.
    Love your Halloween displays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Stasi, I am so sorry that you weren't able to go to your retreats. I hope Rich is feeling better and the side effects from your new medication are a thing of the past. Praying for your parents and your Dad's strength to return. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Stasi, I am sorry to hear of Rich's illness. Is he better now? I am praying for your dear Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope all is well Stasi, I'm missing your posts. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your Dad is home now and things are better for him. It's hard watching your parents age, especially when you're a distance away.
    I love your Halloween decorations, lots of lovely stitched pieces!

    ReplyDelete