THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Who Knows Where the Time Goes........(595-600)

 

 Greetings my friends! I was reminded of the song by Judy Collins, one of my favorite singers, Who Knows Where the Time Goes for the title today. It has been almost two months since I last posted and I really don't know where the time went. Now we did squeak a long weekend in to visit my younger daughter and hubby in NC. Then we drove to Baltimore to bring my parents down for 5 days, returning them on Father's Day. That week was a bit of a whirlwind, but the rest of the time....who knows???

While in NC we went to a concert, vintage market, birthday party, gathering of my daughters fellow chiefs at a local brewery (of which there are many) and more..it was a jam packed weekend! We did some hiking to a couple different waterfalls in Pisgah Forest, which was my daughters home, literally,  for 2 1/2 years. She was a counselor at a camp for  teens that had gotten into trouble and it was either juvie or the camp. It was a tough life for kids and chiefs (that was what the counselors were called) alike...they lived in tents they had to build themselves from trees on the land....year round. They'd cook their Thanksgiving turkeys in a hole in the ground and such. She did have some success stories but many times these kids family lives were the pits. I am so very proud of her for doing this...she has developed a true love of nature from her outdoor experiences and continues using her caring heart for these disadvantaged/exceptional children as a special ed teacher in the public schools.

Here is a photo of my daughter and her hubby....and our newest grand pup, Tusk!


 

Before I forget, we also got a grand pup around Easter. His name is Luke and he lives with my older daughters family. Here he is with Cora; he was also a rescue.

Now how about some stitching updates??? That I have been doing all along..it keeps me sane!!! I'll start with a few finishes I'm adding to my Stitch Stroll. First up is the French Schoolgirl Sewing Bag and Smalls by Needlemade Designs. I stitched this in honor of my grandaughter, Esther. I finished per the instructions and am storing the pieces in a lined Shaker box. Esther will receive this one day when I know she'll take good care of it, but for now, it resides with Mimi!!! :)
 





Next up are gifts I made for special friend's birthdays. First, Her Needles Safely Kept by Merry Cox, followed by Shared Stitches 2002, a collaboration of Shepherd's Bush, Chessie N Me, Mosey n Me and Merry Cox.





 




 

I have been keeping up with an ornament SAL on IG  initiated by Carol at Stitching Dreams. Here are my April, May and June ornaments. Info under each photo.

 
Seek Joy by Bright Needle

                                      Spirit of Christmas (set 1) Rejoice by Lila's Studio


Merry by Heart in Hand    finishing based on tutorial by Vonna The Twisted Stitcher

 Now, onto WIP'S.....I stitched another block on the Houses of Hawk Run Hollow. I will be putting some wording in the open space. I changed this one up a bit and put a beehive where a cow was and I used the arch from the Shared Stitched design shown above.

 

I'm two weeks behind on my iStitch band sampler, but here's where I stand to date.

I started a Blackbird Design which I will only work on the first Sunday of the month, per Brenda and the Serial Starter. I chose We Live in Hope.  I'm stitching on 36 ct. BOAF Sandpiper linen with Victorian Motto Shoppe fibers. Somehow, they look much brighter with one strand on the linen than they did in the full skein. I'm weighing whether I'll want to overdye with coffee to make it look "old". We'll see!!!!!

 

I finished my June Wordplay last night and here are the first 6 out of 12.  

 Finally...and I bet you're glad I said that.....are two travel projects I've been working on in the car. Both are by Sue Hawkins and are so bright and colorful. They are done on 18 ct canvas with the supplied fibers. Info under pics.

                                            Measure Twice and Cut Once Etui 

 

                                            Plant Some Flowers Scissor Keeper

So, I am going to end here.....it is a task when you go so long between posts and have so much to share.....but I hope you enjoyed my stroll. I'll close with photos of the adorable sewing basket I found at aforementioned vintage market. It is a Princess basket and in perfect shape!!! I was tickled to find it...and in my favorite color!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your 'twisted threads' of friendship!

Stasi

 

9 comments:

  1. Stasi: It is wonderful to see a post from you and all your wonderful and beautiful stitching.
    How wonderful you are stitching for your Granddaughter Esther, what a gift this will be for her to enjoy.
    Your design finishing is perfect and beautiful.
    Very nice WIPS you have going.
    That basket is beautiful and such a lovely color.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of lovely stitching to show us today, you have been busy. I have the Shared Stitches project too and keep taking it out and pondering whether to start, but then put it away again, I really should bite the bullet, it's rather old. I thought I had stitched all those Brightneedle stockings, but haven't seen Seek Joy, was that in one of the JCS ornament issues? The gift you have made for Esther is quite amazing, with a lovely scrimshaw too, what a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your stitching is beautiful, great projects.
    It's so heartwarming that Esther loves what you make, it's a very pretty set.
    Gotta love that sewing basket! Never saw one like that.
    Keep stitching!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful projects you have finished and have in the works, Stasi! Awesome find on the basket! Well done! I am glad you were able to escape to NC for a visit with your younger daughter and her husband. Have a wonderful weekend and keep hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stasi, I can tell you where your time went!!! Stitching!! I'm always amazed by how much you accomplish and you take on complicated finishing projects to boot! I'm sure Esther is thrilled to receive such a gorgeous collection and I think your smart to wait till she is a bit older to receive it. The gifts you made are so special and the recipients will be thrilled to get your beautiful stitching. Your zooming along on the word plays! I can't wait to see your idea for finishing. Cute ornaments, that was a great idea Carol had 12 in 12. Maybe next year I'll be able to join. Those look to be challenging projects to work on in a car! Enjoy the rest of the summer, it's flying by for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to read your long, newsy post today, Stasi! Your daughter sounds like a true giver--you must be so proud of her. I can't imagine all the strength and bravery and compassion it must have taken to live in the forest and work with troubled youth for even a day let alone 2 1/2 years! I'm sure that time helped mold her into an even more caring teacher.

    Glad you were able to be with your parents on Father's Day--hope they are both doing well.

    Amazing little finishes--so detailed and intricate. They must have taken hours to finish, but each one is done beautifully. What an heirloom that will be for Esther. Love your three ornaments--that package that Vonna designed has always been on my "must stitch" list, too. Some day :)

    Your little basket is a very special find--gotta love those colors!

    Enjoy this last bit of June ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great picture of your daughter and SIL. And two new big dogs in the family. :) You have a lot of stitching you accomplished! Love Esther's set. :) Your sewing basket find is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stasi, How wonderful to hear your latest family and stitching news. You have been busy! Everything is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

  9. great post!Like your blog, thank you for sharing.
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ╭❤~
    luxhairshop customer review
    These contents have greatly helped me.

    ReplyDelete