THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Happy Halloween and a Couple Stroll Additions.....521-522



 
I'm back from my last weekend in OCMD for a bit and while we had a smaller group than usual, it was very relaxing and enjoyable. Here is the group of stitchers hanging in the Lankford Hotel lobby. Sara and Kathy would sneak over when they could but  were working net door in Salty Yarns. Thanks to all for a wonderful weekend!


I  stitched on  Miles and Priscilla exclusively and got a lot accomplished on them.

Sorry about the wrinkles--too lazy to pull out the ironing board! :)
 I also drilled another pumpkin which I will stitch at some point...might not be this year..but hopefully by next year.

 My roomie, Debbie, always decorates our apartment for Halloween and here is a photo of our room aglow!


And, speaking of Debbie, we celebrate her birthday this weekend. This is the gift I made her ... a set of Halloween themed project bags. The outer fabric of the large one is flannel and very soft. I used the lining of that one to make a coordinating tool bag. The zipper pull on the large bag was a small kit from Prairie Moon called Halloween Key Chain. It's on black perforated paper...kind of a big zipper pull, but cute!!! The design on the smaller bag is the pumpkin from  Time for Halloween by With Thy Needle and Thread.





And, speaking of project bags... I see another one in my future. I stumbled across this fun fabric with a national parks theme..isn't it great??? The smaller motifs are symbols on signs you'd see in the parks like picnic area, hiking trail, food, camping, etc..


Well, that's it for now. I hope you all have a fun Halloween...I'm going to dress as Tonks from Harry Potter but am debating if I want to color my hair...her hair changes color all the time depending on her mood. I'm not sure how easy it will be to wash out and I have to leave for a day trip very early the next morning. Any suggestions?

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

5 comments:

  1. The hotel looks like such a relaxing place to stitch! And wow--your room is amazing! Your bags for Debbie are so cute--especially love the way you incorporated the little patch of stitching on the small one. And the fabric is perfect for you--I look forward to seeing what you create :)

    Good luck with your costume and hair--(I had no clue who Tonks was so I had to google her).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty bags you created for your friend's birthday! I love the glow from the spooky lights. The parks fabric is very cool. Don't know this Tonks so off to look her up. Happy Halloween, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like nice cozy group to stitch with.
    Love your room decor!
    Gotta love those Pilgrims!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, did you dye your hair?? I have yet to read the Harry Potter books so have no idea who you were dressing up as. I"m sure your costume was imaginative though! How fun that Debbie decorates your room and such a fun and useful birthday gift you stitched and sewed for her. You can never have too many project bags!

    ReplyDelete