THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Some Christmas Stroll Additions (486-487)

The holiday season is definitely underway. We made a trip to Baltimore this past weekend for a couple family events. Saturday was the annual Christmas luncheon for my paternal Aunts and cousins.There were 42 of us in attendance including 4 generations..... and that wasn't everyone!!!! Here is a group photo of the lovely ladies....I'm in the second row, third from the right! 


Image may contain: 37 people, including Kate Murray, Cami DiGiacomo, Donna Brown Pasko, Stasi Buhrman and Pat Codd, people smiling, people standing and indoor

On Sunday we had a baby shower to attend for a maternal cousin......this is what I made for her to hold four books and then swaddle the little one.....


 
 ...... and in between we visited Rich's Aunt and Uncle, my brother and sister-in-law and had breakfast on our way home with dear friends. Whew--it was a whirlwind weekend but such fun!!! Then we came home to this.....about 12 "of heavy, wet snow!!!! I love snow, but I missed the beautiful, peacefulness when it is falling and had to deal with the not-so-fun aftermath of shoveling.


I do have some stitching to share. We had our holiday luncheon last Thursday at VGN and I undertook the favors. I had bought a bunch of those cute red frames (some round and some square) at Michael's last year and found two freebie charts that would work in them. Each lady received a small kit to make one of the designs and the chart and fibers for the second. Here are mine....on the left, Christmas Alphabet by the Prairie Schooler, and on the right, Santa Scissor Keeper by the Drawn Thread. These are being added to my Stroll.

The PS chart was on one of the little cards they'd give out to promote a new chart, but here is a link to the DT santa:  Santa Scissor Keeper

I had driven over to Williamsburg to check out the vendors that were at Annie's Christmas in Williamsburg. It was a little disappointing as they only had 6 vendors, but there was still a lot to see and I, of course, did a little stash enhancement! Sadly, they announced this would be the last year for the seminar; I know there are a lot of sad stitchers out there! Here is what I bought:

Bookmark from Rovaris (I think I'l make this for Cora)

For me!!!

Puntini-Puntini pins and buttons (you know I couldn't resist!!!)

This looked interesting and I love gadgets!!!

Cool buttons and an adorable, little notebook
I think that covers everything I've been up to; I'll hopefully be doing another post before Christmas. I hope you're easing through the holiday prep and not stressing too much!!! Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi


 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend you had in Baltimore with family and friends! Sorry you had to return to find the foot of snow. Both of your stitches (great idea and use for those frames) are adorable. Super stash additions, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those tiny red frames and the adorable stitching within!! Love your stash enhancement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like great fun in Baltimore. Love all of your stitches. The frames are perfect for such sweet stitches. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Except for coming home to snow, it sounds like a wonderful trip! I love this little ornaments you made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stasi, You are so fortunate to have so many relatives close by.Mine are scattered all over the country. I bought those frames last year at Michaels to do the exact same thing!! Thanks for the link to the Santa! I put my 5 year old nephews photo in one of them and it's hanging on my tree. I can't wait for him to find it Christmas Eve. Are you insinuating Cora is obstinate and headstrong???

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful to be able to gather with your large family, Stasi! Like Mary--mine are scattered. I bet you had a great time laughing over old memories and making new ones.

    The baby shower gift is so useful and creative--I bet it was a "one of a kind!" Those little frames are great--I wonder if Michael's still has them for sale? They look perfect for quick, cute stitchy gifts :)

    Enjoy your weekend, Stasi!

    ReplyDelete