THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Happy Spring.....(453-454)

......or is it??? We've got snow in the forecast for tomorrow (3-5 ") and I know some of you are gearing up for your 4th Nor'easter in a row. March is definitely going out like a lion!

I've got a couple Stroll pieces to share, one to celebrate the end of winter and the other to celebrate the beginning of spring. A Pixie for all Seasons Winter by Bent Creek is the last in a series; I showed the other three last year. I chose to do the "signs" and not the pixies and swap them out every season in the same frame.


To welcome spring, here is the final season from the chart, Holiday Seasons, by Birds of a Feather. I have them all framed together in a 2 X 2 black frame I found somewhere and was just the right size. I love all the quirky characters and bright/happy colors in these.






We had a busy last weekend with the grandkids....the girls spent the night Friday, two soccer games on Saturday and some recuperation time as the girls woke up at 4:30 Saturday morning, two baseball games on Sunday and a trip to JoAnns with Esther to pick out fabric for a dress we're going to make. Whew!!! 

 I have been getting some stitching done in the evenings....Week 11 on the Red Band Sampler SAL and I got back to working on ABC de la Brodeuse.   







I have still been working on the Samsarah calendar when traveling in the car. Here are four more of the pieces. I finished the first of November's designs, so only 7 more to go!!!! I can't wait to get this behind me....I am so tired of stitching that black/white checkerboard border (have done it 41 times so far). I need more trips where I'm not driving!!!


I'm off to Ocean City for a class with Catherine Theron this weekend,  Stitcher's Envelope.  I plan to leave Thursday morning if the weather cooperates--wish me luck! I started packing and am always amazed at the amount of stuff I NEED to take; this time is no diffferent. I may/may not post this weekend but if I don't, I'll try to touch base when I get back.
 

 Image result for Catherine Theron Stitcher's EnvelopeImage result for Catherine Theron Stitcher's Envelope

Hope you are enjoying your first day of spring or at least "springy" thoughts of what's to come. Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi 
P.S. The grands situation has been improving, but I don't want to jinx it!!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure have been busy, Stasi--lots of fun family activities (and glad to hear things are improving with your grandchildren :).

    That BOAF collection is so sweet--those must have been such fun to stitch.

    I do hope you can make it to your class this weekend... we are getting the same weather as you, unfortunately. Wishing you safe travels and a fun class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally enjoyed reading your post this morning, Stasi! That 'blanket of snow' piece is so true this morning. I really like that BOAF piece. Have a safe journey to OCMD and enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stasi, I really like the ABC de la Brodeuse piece. Other than on this blog, I don't think I've ever seen that one. That really appeals to me. I give you a lot of credit for plugging away on the Samsarah calendar. Just as I was thinking, "How is she not getting tired of that?" you talked about stitching that boarder 41 times!! Haha. Have a wonderful weekend at my very favorite spot in all the world. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to laugh at the Blanket of Snow piece - cute, but I am so ready for this white blanket to MELT! Glad you posted that spring piece too - so sweet, and fun, happy colors.

    So busy! Grandkiddos, soccer, baseball, dress fabric shopping (and getting ready to sew), and tons of stitching. Hope your class with Catherine Theron is fun - I've always enjoyed her as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Earth is certainly getting a good rest under snow this year. Great pattern. I hope the snow didn't keep you from attending your retreat. The 2x2 frame size lets me know how detailed and tiny the Holiday Season's are. Your near the finish line on your Samsarah Calendar, don't give up!! Happy to hear the grands are doing well and Esther is interested in sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t want to jinx anything either but I’m glad for the update! Have a great time at Salty Yarns. I’ll be there for our guild retreat at the end of April..... I planned my knee replacement surgery around it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I can't believe you are still posting your 'stroll' pix. That's a lot of stitching you have completed. I really like the Catherine Theron piece. I saw the kit last night from someone who attended the class. I know you will be finished in no time. And SamSarah calendar.....I fell in love with that when I first saw it but am so glad I didn't pick it up to do. Now that's a lot of stitching too!

    ReplyDelete