THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Stop the World...I Want to Get Off!!!!

Well, a lot has happened since my last post. We have sold our house and found out the new one won't be ready until mid-September. So, I am busy looking for temporary housing, comparing movers, Pods and U-Haul for storage and moving, packing boxes, selling on Craig's List and FB, had two yard sales at our house and thinking...thinking...thinking!!! I feel like my mind is swirling around like a mix master and I was getting physically drained. Sweetly, my hubby insisted I go to my pre-planned Betsy Morgan classes at Salty Yarns last weekend to revitalize. I did have a very relaxing time and did my best NOT to think what I should have been doing at home. Betsy did her usual fantastic job of teaching and the team at Salty Yarns/ The Lankford took wonderful care of us. I even treated myself to a pedicure--I needed that!!! Now I am back on track and trying to take each day as it comes. We need to be out of here by July 11th (and that was asking for a two week extension). We think we have found a furnished home to rent not far from where we now live ( will see that next Monday). 

So, I'm sharing all this because I'm not sure when I'll post again--probably after we've moved to the temporary house. At that point there should be a lull of about 2 months before the frenzy begins again to move into the new house. On top of all this, my younger daughter in NC is getting married October 8th, so we want to be at least semi-settled in Richmond by then. 

I'm still stitching in the evenings, when I can keep my eyes open and that does provide some down time. We're thinking about renting a small unit in Richmond to store my stitching in a  climate controlled building since the Pods storage is not. I was afraid heat would buildup and cause moisture under the glass on my framed pieces. So, another thing to plan and check out, but well worth it as a preventative. I'm also working on packing a number of projects, kits mainly, that I can work on over the next couple months that are all inclusive. Hopefully I won't pack something I'll desperately NEED!!!

I will leave you now but will be back as soon as some order/sanity has returned to my life. Sorry if I seem to be rambling.......

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted  threads" of friendship.

Stasi

 
 

10 comments:

  1. Good to see you pop in, Stasi! I was wondering if you had sold your house or in the process of moving. Glad you were able to get away for the weekend! Thinking of you during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH moving is such a stressful process...glad you got away for the weekend. It will pay dividends in your mental health. Happy for the sale of the current house but wish the completion of the new place could be sped up... but it won't happen... construction is always a slow process and the more you want them to hurry up the slower they seem to be. I'll be saying a prayer and crossing my fingers that it all comes together quickly. In the meantime stich as much as possible... it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you could get to your class and have time out. :) When it`s time for us to sell and move I`m not looking forward to what you are going through now. Pray you don`t have any more stress and thing go smoothly along. Pus some love stitching time. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with everything. You've got a lot going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Stasi
    Good luck and just think that when all this turmoil is over you will be enjoying a new fabulous chapter of your life

    ReplyDelete
  6. zip, bang, boom! Wow! Well, so glad you sold your home. What an adventure! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I totally understand how life can get in the way sometimes. Hope it all gets sorted out and you can preserve your sanity. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a whirlwind your life is! I can't imagine having to pack and move. All the decisions, loose ends to tie up and even more things AND the packing. Best of luck and fit in a pedicure whenever you have to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. moving to a place to wait to move into a new place sounds extra stressful ~ buying a house and moving once is stressful enough on its own

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy stressful but I'm pushing through one day at a time. Thnaks for stopping by.

      Delete