THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Monday, May 2, 2016

Rainy Days and Sundays........

.....make for a great finishing day!!!

After spending most of Saturday raking, weeding and mulching (due to the rain delay of the yard sale), I really needed a ME day. Sunday dawned rainy and dreary....perfect for a little "needling" and a dose of Nurse Jackie. (sorry....couldn't help myself)

So, A Garden Variety Long Pocket has come to life. I just love this piece--the colors, the style, the origins. Sherri always gives a little history lesson about the origins of the piece as she begins class and this was based on purses of olde from the 18th century. I stitched as called for---why mess with perfection? Here is the front and back of the purse:




Here is the bag with the accessories displayed. They tuck inside an opening at the back of the purse; the ring slides up and down to allow access....or not. There is a scissor fob, pincushion and needle book. I added the strawberry.



In the evening I worked on the pre-stitch for my class, Pioneer Girl Book Etui. I was moving along very nicely but when I got to the end of the border.......darn-it......it didn't match!!!! Argh!!!! I had miscounted one stitch and it threw the whole thing off. So, another episode of Nurse Jackie (hubby had gone to bed and I only watch this by myself--more of a chick show) and I "frogged" it out. Did one length of thread to be sure I was on the right track and put it away for the night.



 I'll finish this up this evening---which begins my quandary of what to do next. I need to do some catching up on Nova and get back to the Amy Mitten pocketbook but, I really want to start Buzz by Hands on Design, especially after seeing Amy's at Thread in Hand, but need fabric. Then again, I have an arsenal of projects waiting to be started...or completed. I need to do an assessment of my stash and, maybe my brain, and make some decisions!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship".

Stasi

 


4 comments:

  1. Bummer about the border, but glad you had some entertainment while you frogged. Looking forward to seeing what you pick next to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This long pocket purse is so very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your long pocket looks great! Mine is still languishing in my pile of good intentions!!! Can't wait to see what you select for your next project....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret....I know your "good intention" will come to fruition!
      Stasi

      Delete