THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Primer Pocket Completed

Here is my completed Alphabet Primer Pocket by Catherine Theron. I worked on the pocket yesterday and got the alphabet stitched and "glued" on to the horn book today while watching a couple episodes of Outlander. I love this piece, though I'm not totally happy about the joining. The instructions called for a chain stitch outline in black that you were to use to join the piece using each "side" of the chain stitch. Well, even with my glasses and Dazor, I had a lot of trouble seeing the black on black "loops". So I feel the joining is a little "wonky"!!! I am not fretting about it, but will give it time and see if I can come up with a finished edge that works for me. If I could find some narrow black velvet ribbon, that might be nice..or something along those lines. Anyway, here it is---ta-da!!!!



By the way, my grandson's team did not win the championship game, but lessons have been learned and his love for the game continues!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching on this piece! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous finish! Congratulations to you!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It's in my stash waiting to be finished. You did a great job finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful, Stasi! I haven't seen this Catherine Theron project before. I need to get mine out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one...willhave to watch to take. Working on her Diminuitive Sewing Roll. Love her bargello work.

    ReplyDelete