THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Just Bee-Cause.......

I received this adorable little kit on Tuesday and have it stitched and finished already!!! It is a little "bee" ditty called Just Bee by Hands On Design. I had seen it on Salty Yarns FB page and knew it had to "wing" its way to my hive. It was a partial kit that included the chart, "bakers string"(you know the kind they used to tie the boxes full of pastries in) and bee charm. You supplied the fabric and fibers. I used the DMC threads called for but changed the fabric to a buttery color. It's a scrap I had in my stash and all I know is that it's a 32 count Lakeside linen.



We had our two grandchildren for a week recently and had a blast. There was lots of "play" time and visits to fun places. I think we exhausted each other in our pursuits..but hopefully fond memories were made! Here are a few photos from the visit:
Her Mamas Fisher Price Toys


Army Museum in Carlisle, PA
 
Two pooped kids!!!!!



Luray Caverns


Thanks for stopping by and your
"twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi 
Me and my "sweeties"

5 comments:

  1. Love your finish Staci! Looks like a fun time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this little piece is so YOU! Love everything about it. And it looks like a very good time was had by all last week - what cuties! I know you enjoyed every minute and so did they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a absolutely beautiful "Just Bee" finish! Love it.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this but have been on the fence about it. Yours is so cute I must have my own.
    Enjoy the little ones since they don't stay that way long at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stasi, after seeing your Just Bee, I "ran" to my favorite ONS and purchased...it is here and I have gathered threads and fabric....you are a bad influence, and keep up the good work!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete