THE BUZZ FROM THE HIVE

Friday, March 7, 2014

Woodlawn and more..........

Yesterday I traveled to see the Woodlawn Needlework show with my EGA group. There were a number of  impressive pieces but, overall, I just wasn't as "wowed" as I've been in the past. Not sure if it's a matter of "been there..seen that" or that a lot of the pieces are needlepoint , more modern and just not my style. Whatever the reason, I do love to see so many stitched pieces in one place as  it does get you motivated to work longer, faster and more often to get all the things you want to get accomplished in this lifetime!!! We had lunch there at Woodlawn in the tea room and then a quick visit to In Stitches for some shopping. All in all, a day well spent!

I haven't just been shoveling snow these last few weeks (though this has become a looong snowy winter) and have managed to get some stitching done. I've completed the pre-stitching on The Mermaid Purse and begun the Tulip Tray. Time's starting to get way from me and it's just over  a month until my two classes with Sherri Jones. Here's what I've done:



scissor fob

Scrim pocket cover

two sides of tulip tray



I also managed to get some stitching, on those cold snowy nights, done on Hibernation Day. It was a perfect choice due to the verse/theme on the sampler. I changed the verse a bit from "if I can spend the day curled up next to you" to "if I could spend the day curled up with my needle, thread...and you". It involved adding an extra line, but that was no problem. I only have the bottom third to go!!!

On a personal note, I've lost almost 10 pounds with my FitBit since the New Year. I've also been watching what I eat, drinking lots of water and walking on the treadmill. I'm trying to get myself in shape for our trip to Alaska in August to celebrate hubby and my 40th wedding anniversary. And no....I CAN'T be that old!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and your "twisted threads" of friendship!

Stasi
PS Not sure why this big white block appearred but I don't have time to figure it out--sorry!!!




  

5 comments:

  1. I love the changes you made to Hibernation Day. I may have to use those, too. What a great idea! Fantastic progress on your Sherry pieces. And congratulations on the weight loss. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are almost ready for your classes with Sherri! Great job on the weight loss. I think the exercise makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to my trip to Woodlawn tomorrow. I will definitively take note about all the needlepoint pieces. Your Sherri Jones pieces look great. Most important, I got a Fitbit in the fall and just love love love it. Due to some recent surgeries I took it off in February but I am looking forward to clearance from the doctor and putting that baby back on. Congrats on the weight loss. It comes on so easy doesn't it and just creeps up that number on the scale without us realizing. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pieces look great! I can't wait to hear about the classes. You'll love Sherri if you've not already had the pleasure of meeting her. Congrats on the weight loss. I know that's never an easy task and congrats on 40 years too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pre-stitching is looking lovely, great progress

    Congratulations on your weight loss

    ReplyDelete